Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting my Groove Back

BW has been busy! I've had conferences and conventions to capture my concentration, presentations to prepare and pronounce, reviews to rewrite (and rewrite again) plus an internship involving an institution of intellectual integrity. Goodness but I love me some alliteration.

Anyway, I haven't been very good about making time for my blog. I've still got most of those things going on, but I am going to be more proactive about making time to research interesting goings-on and develop my opinions in my blog instead of in Facebook comment threads. And man, are there ever some things that I've been dying to write about!

There have been LOTS of interesting reactions to some of the blatant sexism in the DC New 52 line of comics, which I have been dying to dive into.

There have been alternately annoying and uplifting developments in the LGBT scene.

The controversy of atheist money has been unfolding in a particularly frustrating story involving the Foundation Beyond Belief and the American Cancer Society.

The U.S. House approved Rep. J. Randy Forbes' pandering resolution "reaffirming 'In God We Trust' as the official motto of the United States...and you know I'm going to have something to say about that.

The Personhood Movement has gained so much ground in Mississippi that it actually made it onto a ballot. This may be difficult to address without intense levels of sarcastic ranting. Be warned.

I also want to continue my Internal Consistency series and take a closer look at the reasoning associated with my tarot-reading hobby. Plus I'd like to return to a subject I've blogged about before, the banning of blood donations from gay men by the FDA. I have some new thoughts on the matter.

However! I am out of time for today. Tomorrow beckons, glistening with potential. Or something. One of these issues sound especially interesting to you? Maybe I'll rant about that one first. If you ask nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment